- About ECE
- Academic Integrity
- Student Information
- Undergraduate Degree Plans
- Microsoft Developer Network (MSDNAA)
- Faculty & Staff
Professional School Admissions
During the term in which the student will complete the Pre-Engineering requirements, they should apply for admission to the professional school of their choice.
To be admitted to the professional school of Electrical Engineering, the Student must have:
- Completed a minimum of 60 semester credit hours in an accredited institution of higher learning
- Demonstrated an acceptable level of competence in subject material comparable to that covered in Pre-Engineering, i.e. General Education and Common Pre-Engineering on flowchart. Such demonstration may be by completion of course work or by examination with not more than half the requirements satisfied by examination
- Been formally accepted by the Professional School of Electrical Engineering
An acceptable level of competence for admission to the School of Electrical Engineering can be demonstrated by:
- Completion of a minimum of 59* of the 68 semester credit hours of the Pre-Engineering Courses with an overall grade point average of 2.60 or higher in theses courses and final grades of "C" or better in all Pre-Engineering English courses.
- Completion of a minimum of 12 required semester credit hours at Oklahoma State University with an overall grade point average of 2.60 or higher in these courses
- Having an overall grade point average of 2.70 or higher in the required MATH, PHYSC, CHEM, ENGSC and Engineering courses completed prior to admission to the professional school, plus final grades of "C" or better in each of these courses.
* The 59 hours must include:
- MATH 2155, 3013, 4013
- PHYSC 2114
- CHEM 1314
- ECEN 3713, 3021
- One of the following: ENGL 1013, 1113 or 1313
- Students with less than a "B" in ENGL 1013, 1113, or 1313 must additionally take ENGL 1033, 1213, or 1413
- at least two ENGSC courses